Sunday, April 8, 2007

Eventful Easter

So I was kinda bummed out that this was Kaedens first easter and there wasn't going to be much going on besides a car ride. Boy, was I wrong. Not only did he get an easter basket from the hotel we stayed in last night, but he also got to see Mount Rushmore; as you can see from the pics below.

My mom called somewhere in South Dakota, we didn't have service but I knew if she was calling Chad's phone it wasn't a good sign. My mamaw (my great grandmother) passed away this morning. She was 99 and really not doing well at all. My nana and her sisters were taking care of her at home, but not being as youthful as they once were it was starting to take its toll on them too. I am very bittersweet right now. On one hand, I don't want anyone to die. On the other hand, I don't want anyone to suffer. What better day to go home to the Lord on Easter Sunday, too. Even though Kaeden won't remember it I am so glad he got to meet his great great grandmother.

We are in WY now. The town we are staying in is hella small. We have a Mcdonalds, taco johns, and pizza hut. FUN! It is VERY beautiful here, but hard to get a good picture while going 75 MPH. Our next stop is Montana!

2 comments:

Jack Attack said...

<3

Jill said...

So sorry to hear about your great grandma passing. What a blessing that she got to meet Kaden... she can be a guardian angel for him!