Friday, April 6, 2007

I have a feeling we're not in the south anymore

Alright so our day started at around 5am and we got on the road around 630 or so. After 600 miles we are finally in Columbia, MO. We went through 5 states today. WOW. Kaeden has officially been in as many states as he is months old (8). Kaeden did super well on the trip today, I can only pray he will do as well tomorrow; and for the rest of the trip as far as that goes. It's cold here. I mean cold. I think when Chad looked it up just a minute ago it was 26 feels like 9. Holy Moly! We went over the mason dixon line today which is the saddest thing I have ever had to do. Here is a picture of the Ohio River right before we cross the KY boarder.



Here are some pics of the arch in St Louis. I think its called "the gateway to the west"









I should have known that I wasn't in the south anymore and that I was probably not going to be able to order sweet tea, but I tried anyway and failed miserably. The waitress said "We have tea, and sweetener." I wanted to say, "Do I talk funny to you?" but I didn't.

Oh yeah I had a great moment this morning while getting breakfast at the Krystal. It for sure gave me a wonderful lasting memory of Chattanooga. So the girl inside got my order wrong, no big deal I just let her know what I ordered. She proceeds to start yelling and the guy who made it and was like "This is supposed to be an original scrambler compende mother F-er." It was so crazy. Then she hands me my bag o' food and says "sorry about that have a GREAT day" LMAO.

Well, I am going to try to compress the suitcases down to just one since I know it will be cold the next couple of places we are going.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Sommer,

Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you and your little family out on the road. I enjot keeping up with you on your blog. Kaden is just adorable and you look great!!

Jill

mommarazzi said...

I think this may have been the LEAST impressive part of your trip. (Except drinks with Pam!) It only gets better form here!